I love writing letters. I like it even more than receiving letters. I am sorry people don't do it so much anymore. I only hope there will always be a few keen correspondents who will keep this special way of communication alive. I'm not sure if I like it so because it's something extraordinary these days but the best thing about letters is that they (almost)always make people happy (well, it depends on what the letter contains of course but I only try to write nice things J). So if writing a note by my hand, mailing it to take someone by surprise can actually make the someone smile maybe just for a second, then I think it's worth it and then it's what I want to do.
There can be many kinds of letters but my dream ones are those from the war times, with the lovely ink handwriting that I'm not able to imitate and old yellowish paper and envelopes, stamp collections...
This might help you understand how excited I was when earlier this week my grandma told me to have a look at some old letter pads with envelopes she had found and was not interested in keeping . She thought it quite funny but was glad they can be still useful for someone. I think there's enough of them for the rest of my life.
I usually include leaves in envelopes because in Slovak leaf and letter are the same words – List. And also because I live on Maple street :)
I love post-cards as well. If you go to any interesting place, be sure to get me one :)

No comments:
Post a Comment