Sunday, 1 May 2011

Records are made like pancakes

Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain is possibly one of the loveliest films. It is just so...nice. (It has the most beautiful soundtrack, Yann Tiersen is a genius.) I love all the simple things they used to make it funny and special...

Nevertheless, my favourite part of the film is the intro :D

Quotes:
"Amelie's only shelter is the world she invents. In this world, records are made like pancakes and the neighbour's wife, in a coma for months, has merely chosen to get rid off all her lifetime sleep hours in one go."

"[Amélie hands a begger some money]
Beggar: Sorry madam, I don't work on Sundays. "


"When a finger is pointing up to the sky, only a fool looks at the finger."

"[whispering in theater] I like to look for things no one else catches. I hate the way drivers never look at the road in old American movies."

No comments:

Post a Comment