Monday, 26 September 2011

Ink Birches

 "So was I once myself a swinger of birches,
and so I dream of going back to be."

There have been birches on my mind quite often lately. I don't know why. I just saw them on the way to school one morning and thought how nice they were, how different from all the other trees. I finally had time to put these images from my head on a piece of paper. Now I have ink birches all over my table...and ink stains all over my hands and face...that reminds me of an ink quote I once heard from a friend:
"Ink runs from the corners of my mouth.
There is no happiness like mine. 
I have been eating poetry."
Mark Strand





 

 

"I'd like to go by climbing a birch tree,
And climb black branches up a snow-white trunk
Toward heaven, till the tree could bear no more,
But dipped its top and set me down again.
That would be good both going and coming back.
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches."
Robert Frost

song of the day: Lucy Rose: Gamble

No comments:

Post a Comment