I consider myself lucky to live near a forest. (It seems it's not a usual thing anymore, at least for the city people). I went on a walk to the forest with my friend to take some pictures today.
Also, I read a little What Katy Did with some delicious mint tea to keep me warm on this windy day...
I got this book almost a year ago but still haven't read the whole thing, although I tried more than once. That doesn't mean it is not good, actually now as I manage to get to the pages I've never read before, I find it really nice. I bought it in an antique shop in London. There were boxes full of old books outside the shop, 1 Pound each.
The book said..."This place the children called "Paradise," and to them it seemed as wild and endess and full of adventure as any forest of fairy-land."
"Oh, how good everything tasted int that bower, with the fresh wind rustling the poplar leaves, sunshine and sweet wood-smells about them, and birds singing overhead! No grown-up dinner party ever had half so much fun. Each mouthful was a pleasure; and when the last crumb vanished, Katy produced the second basket, ad there, oh, delightful surprise! were seven little pies-molasses pies, baked in saucers-each with a brown top and crisp candified edge, which tasted like toffee and lemon-peel, and all sorts of good things mixed up together."
This part made me think that I must bring some food next time. It is quite funny but true, that some food is always a good way to make things better and more fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment