Monday, 25 April 2011

I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye

I went running with my friends to the fields near my town (if you know me, you are probably wondering what I was doing there and laughing. I admit I'm not really into sports so it sounds pretty funny to me, too :D) It was a beautiful afternoon and the sun was getting orange and pink. We slowed down for a while. I stopped to look around. We were in the middle of nothing, fields all around us. I could see mountains, so beautiful with the sunshine. There was a man playing with a toy airplane. It really worked. He got it fly up to the sky. I felt like I was somewhere else. It was hard to believe that I was just 10 minutes from a shopping mall. It all seemed incredible, so huge compared to me. I kept spinning and looking all around me and still wouldn't have enough. I felt so little.
I Like Giants is one of my favourite songs by Kimya Dawson. I love her lyrics. She sings about everything, literally. This song reminded me of the afternoon in the fields.

„Rock and roll is fun but if you ever hear someone
Say you are huge, look at the moon, look at the stars, look at the sun
Look at the ocean and the desert and the mountains and the sky
Say I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye
I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye“

No comments:

Post a Comment