Thursday, 12 May 2011

Jonaš or Why do I eat ravioli?

One of the dearest people I know is my little cousin Jonas. I love spending time with him, although he's never out of energy so after a few minutes it's always hard for me to keep up with him whatever we do. He is the funniest! You should hear some of the hilarious things he says. I always wonder where he got that from. (I wish he never grew up) One thing I really like about him is that he's not spoiled. Well, he kind of is, the way that his parents let him get what he wants sometimes but he doesn't know almost anything about the world things.

(This may sound a little weird but the kids movie industry keeps disappointing me and I just had to share :D) I've noticed how so many kids I get to meet are just spoiled and I see how influenced they are by TV.  Where have all the lovely kids cartoons gone? They are not what they used to be. Fairy tales were always some kind of escape to a world of imagination, mysteries, adventure, things not quite possible in reality.
I don't know much about contemporary kids movies but the ones I've seen, exept the fact that they make them only to get as much money as possible, they are full of silly jokes with two meanings,  messed up with adult humor and mixed with the real world. I think it's sad. Little children are so pure. They only start to learn everything and it is so important what they get in touch with.
My mum used to make up tales for me. For instance, when I didn't want to eat the ravioli pasta, she would tell me a story of a royal kitchen where the chef was making pasta for a princess but by accident she leaned in and her golden ring fell down into all that pasta and now it's inside of one piece of ravioli. I've been eating ravioli all my life only to find that ring :) Still haven't found it....
I think if I ever have children, those will be the most creative years of my life.

2 comments:

  1. My s Graemom si stale rozpravame rozpravky a vzdy si ich zapiseme ak sa nam pacia aby sme ich jedneho dna mohli povedat nasim detom :) Zatiam moja najoblubenejsia je o Tigrovi a Samanthe a este o zmzlinovom stanku :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you´ve been eating all the ravioli just to find the ring... how creative! you know what? i want to be your kid :)

    ReplyDelete