Friday, 8 July 2011

Reaching the waterfall

I am not a fan of hiking. When I was little and our camp leaders decided to go on a day hiking trip, I would hide with my friend behind the trees. They didn't notice at first. We were watching them walk down the road as we were secretly giggling in our hideout. I don't even know why we made such a fuss about it. We knew we would have to go from the first moment, even as we saw them leaving without us. But we still chose to do all of the silly grumbling stuff anyway. Maybe to delay it or just to let others see how miserable they made us feel and what suffering and sacrifice we had to go through : D....Looking back on it now, ...poor leaders. Sorry guys. I would understand, if you had left me in the wood.

I went on a hiking trip with my family a few days ago. Maybe it was that I'm older now or maybe just less determined that I didn't even try to suggest a different plan for the day. So I went hiking.
It was pretty nice to tell you the truth. It's not like I found in myself a hidden passion for rocks and trekking. I think I just learned to look differently. I learned that anything you do can be nice and even bring you joy if you do it with people you love (and some food of course). It depends on the way you look.
You know what I saw this time. I saw wonderful mountains, beautiful sunny day, which came after a week of rain. I saw my hilarious little cousins, whom I tried to capture every moment of, scared they would grow up faster than I notice, fresh bread with cucumber made by my mom. And I saw the waterfall, which was the place we wanted to reach, and we did, even I did...and it felt good.

The waterfall is behind me.

Reminds me of..."and every tear's a waterfall is a waterfall oh is a waterfall..."
(I heard Coldplay'd rocked at Glasto this year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOMZhftTpAg)

No comments:

Post a Comment