Sunday, 7 August 2011

Green as Irish hearts

I am pretty much blown away by all the things that happened to me and my friends during  the last 12 days.  I can’t believe how fast it flew by though it always does so. It just always surprises me again :)
We went on a "roadtrip across Europe" (6000 kilometers, 6 days of travelling). The main reason of this journey was the long-awaited wedding of Fi and G which everyone had been so excited about. I didn’t know much about where we were going or staying. I just put my trust in Timo, our schedule.  It was getting better day by day. I cannot describe how great this trip became. Sure much more than I expected.
First, Northern Ireland is so beautiful, so green:) We got to see a lot of wonderful places like an old library on the edge of a grassy cliff. We got some sunny days, which is not something usual over there. I remember sitting in this local restaurant in a small port town, putting vinegar on my chips (which I learnt to enjoy very much), watching this old man facing the window through  which you could see the sea, reading the newspaper while sipping his tea. The man had blue socks, I don’t know why but this is what I memorized  :) I spotted some free newspaper over on the table so I grabbed it and started to read just for the special feeling of it. I’ve kept a piece and glued it into my travel journal.  
The wedding was just Filipious :) It is hard to express what it really means. So creative and thoughtful, she handmade all decorations and used her extraordinary personality to make it so special and memorable.
The most incredible thing about the country, the experiences, the trip however, was …the people. Everyone was just so nice to us. People I’d never met before spent hours cooking delicious meals for us( mmm pavlova), gave their time and money, listened and talked to us, shared jokes and played games, opened their homes as well as hearts. They all made us feel like home. 
 So when I say Northern Ireland I don’t think of green cliffs anymore, I think of the lovely people.
Thanks be to Him. He sends us beautiful things every day, which are like hints of what we will see when we all come home one day.
By then, he keeps using His children all over the world to take care of us.

If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking…experienced it once again

1 comment:

  1. I've only just read this! After reading so many of your other magical blog posts :) You have an amazing way with words and you make everything in life feel more dreamy and wonderful. I like this very much!

    We all loved getting to know you guys, and we hope it won't be too long before we get to hang out again soon..no matter what country that may be! You are adventurous and full of fun and love, what a joy to be around. Never lose this happy spirit!

    Until next time friend :) (or until the next Facebook update heehee) ..!

    ReplyDelete