Saturday, 3 December 2011

Little pleasures of the hard week

So this has not been a very restful week but there have been a few little nice things I kept coming back to when I got a free moment and lots of others that were joy to see but will only mention these three.
1. Conor O'Brien of Villagers and his folk songs made the soundtrack of my week
 "True love feeds on absences like pleasure feeds on pain
So no matter where I'm standing I still love you all the same...
...I'm leaving for the great wide open plains
Leaving while this holy spark remains
I see you've written promises to make me stay
But it really doesn't matter now anyway
I'm leaving"
 "Lending me your ears while I'm selling you my fears
I was a dreamer (I'm selling you my fears)
Staring at windows (I'm selling you my fears)
Out onto the main street (I'm selling you my fears)
Cos that's where the dream goes (I'm selling you)"
 2. I tried to save time for reading and for this week I dived into the pages of experiences of the lost generation of 18-year-old boys at the front of WWI "All Quiet on the Western Front. "  Other times I just opened my Little Women which I'm going through slowly not to be finished too soon. And borrowed two more of the classics(Kerouac's On the Road and Woolf's To the Lighthouse) for the holidays.
3. Mince Pies by Marks&Spencer brought my evenings a hint of Christmas which I'm impatiently looking forward to but don't even have time to realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment