Wednesday, 27 April 2011

I will fear no evil

People have been telling incredible stories about Vlado Fajfr all my life. I had the privilage to meet this man though I was too little to understand it. His life was just trouble. Whatever he did, wherever he was, he wanted to share the gospel and change people's lives and because it was right when the Nazis and later Communists were in charge of the country, they tried their best to make it hard for him to even live. He went through many struggles but he would say that it was... a beautiful life.
Locked in a prison cell, confined to a hospital bed, beaten cruelly in a KGB interrogation room, standing by a cold graveside of a beloved one, Vlado Fajfr never loses sight of the Lord Who Works all things together  „for the good of them that love God.“
I started to read his biography named I Will Fear No Evil. It is truly encouraging.  The next one to go is Ready for Anything, which is about his wife Ruth. I found myself in one of the pictures that are included in the book and it made me think how cool it is that maybe even I myself was a tiny part of the wonderful plan for Ruth's  life.
 This is a picture of me and my friends with Ruth and Vlado in front of our church office that he helped to build ( and that brown thing is my monkey backpack :) 

The last words of the Epilogue, written by Vlado:
"I think everyone's life has a message. The Apostole Paul said, „Ye are our epistles, known and read of all men.“ I pray that reading this story of events in my life, you will see one thing – „God is faithful.“ At all times. In all situations. This eternal life which we have been given, not only will it get us to Heaven, but it will stand up under all conditions - sickness, poberty, attacks, troubles, persecutions, and even under the difficulties of Communism.
For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and show unto you eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us."

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this! Vlado and Ruth were my grandparents.

    ReplyDelete