I was lucky to spend a week in the beautiful town of Mora, Sweden and get to know a lot of interesting people that I hadn't even known existed. I had never thought much about Sweden. If I hadn't got this incredible opportunity to go I would never know how beautiful this country actually is. Now that I fortunately do know I feel if I had just lived on without this experience my view would be somehow incomplete or limited. Which makes me think how much more there must be for me yet to see and learn. I didn't expect anything except cold weather and pale blonde-haired people and I was surprised. There were times we would walk out only in a sweater.
Out of all nice things I will mention the cute traditional red wooden houses with white window frames which are everywhere as well as birch trees. Any direction we chose to take, we eventually got to the lake. We could actually see it from all of the windows of our cosy cabin(sharing with Mish and new swedish friends Amanda and Astrid). Once we went on a walk and met some little boys fishing, leaving their bikes about 200 metres away. I was just imagining how lovely and light it would be to just come home from school, get on a bike and go fishing with a friend :)
I learnt a lot of things either from the town of Mora, about myself or from seeing people's lives individualy, which I enjoyed and probably touched me most.
Another wonderful thing was that I completely forgot about everything, my mind had a rest from the reality. I think it was much needed time. Nevertheless, it has flown by and now I have to return to my crazy world. However, I feel I can't just go on like before. I've seen and experienced so much, made new friends and got a little glance into their lives as well as shared mine and learnt something about me.
I feel like whatever little ever happens to us somehow changes something...and we are never the same.
Having fun at the beach
At least, now I know more about Sweden than that there's cold
weather and pale blondes :)(which is not really true)
I figured I would share some swedish music....and the video is nice


beautiful:)
ReplyDeleteI miss you Banana! I felt changed like this when we visited Slovakia last summer. My great grandparents came from Sweden and I've always wondered what it was like. Thanks for telling me about it!! LOVED the song too :) r-
ReplyDelete