Wednesday, 8 June 2011

If I were a flower, I would be a poppy

The season of my favourite flower has obviously just arrived and it's a delight to me to spot it anywhere along the way as I go day by day. There's poppies everywhere, next to the curb as I go to school, behind the newsagent's as I get off the bus, in a wonderfully red field as I look out a car window.
I don't even know why I like poppies. Maybe it's the colour. It's not ordinary red. You can't just buy them. They are wild flowers, they are free. I feel they appear and vanish just anywhere and anytime.
Everytime I saw them I thought I must go pluck some but it was never a good time. Finally today I came home with a bunch of poppies. They would make a perfect hair accessory only, they wouldn't stay alive too long.
So I will rather press them and so keep them forever :)
                                 
When I was little we used to go on day school trips to zoo or to see a castle. We would always buy all sorts of stupid things to bring home as souvenirs. Once I bought a blue poppy mug. I haven't seen blue poppies so far.  I got a discount because it was a little cracked. It's been one of my favourite tea mugs since then.
                                      
It just reminded me of one of the lovely stories of my childhood. The Poppy Doll And The Butterfly Emanuel.
                       Flowers are a gift

No comments:

Post a Comment